Friday, January 7, 2011

R.I.P.

my grandma died yesterday around noon, she was 95 years old. when i saw that it was my dad calling all i could think was,"the longer i put off answering the phone the longer i will be her granddaughter." i  cried when he told me. someone who loves me has died. my grandma was probably the most consistent person i will ever know. i always knew how she felt about me...about anyone. she was very slow to anger and rarely said a harsh word against anyone. she was my role model. as far as i'm concerned she had it right- God then family.
i remember one time running to the side door of her house, ringing her doorbell, quickly opening the door and galloping into her kitchen (i was probably 8) to find her rushing to her door to greet all of us. she had the biggest smile on her face when she saw me. my little heart burst with joy because i could see how much she loved me. that is the memory i will carry with me always. along with her blueberry muffins, grapes, french toast, and club sandwiches. yeah, my grandma always had the best food. many a night we had ice cream sundaes or cereal after taking our baths. my grandma was great fun and a great love.

this has been a word from Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your grandma. What a lot of great memories you have of her. I think about my grandma(s) often and miss them but the memories I have sure are wonderful! Sounds like you'll have special ones of your grandma to which is the best!

    ReplyDelete