Saturday, January 29, 2011

another funeral

it's time to pull out all our funeral clothes again. January 27 my other grandma passed away. this is my mom's mom. the pic on the left is 4 years old. when she passed she was barely eating and probably weighed around 70 lbs. but she was blessed to live 91 years, to be married for 69 years, have 5 daughters,12 grandchildren, and 20 great grandchildren. plus she could sew like no body's business! my most prized procession came from her. one christmas she made all her grandchildren blankets. it is known as favorite blankie in my house. it is the kind of blanket that keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. i think what i will remember most about my grandma is the love she had for my mom. the way she would look at my mom was pure love. i hope my mom saw that and remembers this in her grief.
                                                                       God speed, grandma

in other news holly has qualified for state final in bowling. it will be in may in monroe. i was really surprised to hear this because holly has the lowest bowling average in the league. but what made her qualify is how much she goes over her average in the past two weeks. and as of late she has been bowling like she is on fire! this really will be an awesome experience for her. win or lose her bowling has improved so much! and that is what i hope she is most proud of.

this has been a word from nicole and dinky the scar

No comments:

Post a Comment