Wednesday, January 5, 2011

facebook grip

let's get this straight. i love facebook. i love checking to see what my friends are up to. i like the funny posts my son writes. i like playing farmville, frontierville and cityville. i love looking at all the pictures people post. i get a glimpse into people lives that i wouldn't otherwise. however, there is one thing that iterates me to no end! why to people post songs to their love ones that have died? why do they writes something to the deceased on the anniversary of their death? are they looking for something that they cannot get from the people who are physically around them? my 95 year old grandma (my favorite grandma) is at death's door or maybe just on his porch. anyhow, she is dying. but i will not be posting anything about that. not on the day she dies or a year from now. my grief and my happiness are my own. my memories are best shared with family not with an indifferent facebook.
i guess i just don't understand, maybe i'm to old or just not hip. it looks just plain needy when people are posting thing for someone who has died.

this has been a word from Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment