Wednesday, February 9, 2011

church

will laziness or indifference to attending church be man's downfall? is there a difference between those to adjectives nowadays? i will be the first to admit when it comes to why some sunday's i don't attend church it is out of true laziness.  i can just see myself standing before God and knowing i cannot even defend myself for my laziness. i can hear the words, " i wasn't too lazy to get crucified for you. did i ask to much of you to come see me in my house for an hour a week." insert my tears here. i know some people think it does not really matter that they don't attend church but when i get to thinking about it (and especially being apart of the catholic church) going to church really is important. what i get out of each mass i attend is much more then i get lying in bed in my jammies. when i'm there i can't imagine why i would ever miss a mass. to be apart of a community of like believers, hearing the word of God, professing my faith every sunday and receiving the body and blood of Christ every week truly fills me like nothing else. so why does my laziness stand in my way. how can i stop my laziness? how can i be how Christ wants me to be? things have become to relative in the world. i have been sucked in to this world and it's concerns. i don't want to be this way but sometimes it is just to easy to be apart of this world. how do you truly live for Christ? if Christ is my moral compass, i really need to look at it more to make sure i am going the right way.


If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

This has been a word from nicole and dinky's cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment